Challenges & Actions:
The challenges that have been overcome, were:
- powder sugar requires a more technically strict approach.
- humidity and compactation poses a blockage threat.
- high velocity poses an explosion threat.
- whole system needs to have a no compromise explosion preventing design.
- the existing capacity was already high while the request was to almost double it, getting close to the technical’s approach limit.
They have been addressed by developing:
- instead of regularly used screw conveyors, we have decided to implement innovative vibratory tubes conveyors, changing the customer’s paradigm.
- compactation was avoided again by use of vibrations, humidity and explosion risk have been handled by air cooling.
- only explosion preventing equipment has been integrated, after a rigorous design phase and sub-suppliers involvement.
- in order to reach the high transport and distribution capacity, all integrated equipment has been checked and proofed to be able to safely work at the top limit.
- Silo discharging by pneumatic transport designed for high capacity.
- The product was conveyed 3 stories high.
- Product distribution system realized by innovative vibratory conveyor integration.
- An almost doubled capacity.
- The greatest outcome of the project is the contribution tour customer’s cost cutting efforts and by implementing one of the first such mixed product systems.